1/27/12

"I like that about myself and I like myself and I have a lot of other great qualities as well."

Regardless of gender, I feel that the most important quality any person can have is loving one's self and being comfortable in one's skin. No two people are exactly alike in skin color, ethnicity, personality, or countless other traits. Every one of us is special, beautiful, and just plain freakin' awesome in our own way.

What is unfortunate in our society today is that we are conditioned to judge people who look, think, or act differently than what is considered "normal." But, I have a news flash: there is no such thing as "normal" (shocking, I know!). Subsequently, you are the only person nearly qualified enough to judge you.

As I wrote above, I think the best quality you can have is to love yourself and be comfortable in your own skin, no matter how different you are from what is considered "normal" these days. You will never fully live your life until you accept yourself for the amazing person that you are.

I am happy to share with you a series of two YouTube videos that many of you might have seen already, which star everybody's favorite anthropomorphic seashell, Marcel. In my opinion, Marcel the Shell perfectly encapsulates what it's like to love yourself, be comfortable in your own skin, and make the best of the cards you're dealt.



Be great today and every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment