8/3/11

Balancing the Scale...



On my most recent journey through the Internet via StumbleUpon (which I HIGHLY recommend to any curious cats), I came across this little blurb that sounded like it belonged in the future first female President's inaugural speech:

“The first woman was created from the rib of a man. She was not made from his head to top him, nor from his feet to be trampled on by him, but out of his side to be equal to him.”

This quote just felt right. I'm not sure what it is about this one that made it stand out compared to the rest; however, I was compelled to share it with the world. It sent a chill down my spine and a pang to my heart. The quote speaks nothing but truth. We want nothing more than equality...but what exactly is it?

What does equality mean to you in this today's era? Is it the right to drive? The right to choose your lover? The right to choose abortion or life? The right to choose your career? There's so many answers and so many inequalities that women don't even think about.

Take the time. Think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment