5/7/10

Facebook's Advertising Plays into Gender Stereotypes

Many of us hip and happening people have facebook pages these days. Have you ever noticed that once you tell facebook your gender they create customized ads on the right hand side of your page? I made a copy of mine and snipped it for you below. I guess I care more about fashion, baking and having a flat stomach than I do of anything of real substance. I mean seriously?
I couldn't figure out how someone who isn't on facebook can email them to ask them to stop using sexist stereotyping in their targeted advertising. To all of you who do have facebook you can easily email them once you're logged in!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7/5/10

    Jessica
    jfenner15@gmail.com
    75.8.78.211 2009/06/23 at 2:26 pm
    I was surprised to hear this over the weekend and checked my own facebook page and realized how right you are. More people should write to facebook and ask that they change this marketing!

    ReplyDelete