5/7/10

Long Term Life Benefits of Sports

I remember being rushed off to a few to many softball practices as a young girl, begging my mom for just a few more minutes in the pool. Perhaps I knew even then that I was not Olympic softball material. However in hindsight, I realized how blessed I am to have had the opportunity to play on a team of young women who were just as passionate about clothes, middle school, and trying to win softball games as I was.
A recent article in the New York Times, suggests that women playing sports has a larger effect on their adult life! An added bonus, for sure, after seasons of silent car rides home, tears shed, and the underlying question of " when are we going to win a game!"
I have included the link to the New York Times article below that has changed my view of my sport experience. Perhaps all the team parents were right, losing only makes you better in the long-term? Either that or they just could not think of anything else that would console their very emotional teenage daughter, ha ha.
Enjoy: http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/02/15/as-girls-become-women-sports-pay-dividends/?em

No comments:

Post a Comment