10/12/11

Love Your Body


Love Your Body

As I write this post I am trying to adjust from the time change and excitement of my recent trip to Las Vegas for an extended girls weekend. It was a great trip, and a lot of left me with a new perspective on myself. It seemed to be a city where if you were a girl who is a size 2 and wore a nice dress you got in to places for free and didn't have to pay for your drinks. Not that this doesn't happen other places, but it seemed extreme here. As I traveled here I was slightly upset with myself for not getting to the gym as much as I wanted and not having the most confidence about myself. I know seemes stupid, that this is something that brought down my confidence, seems so caddy, but it did. As I went out though and talked to different people from all over the world I realized it wasn't the ones who were the "ideal" vision of the pretty girl who were having all the fun, it was the ones who had confidence, the ones who truly loved their bodies no matter what size or shape they were and that is what made them beautiful. Their love for themselves was contagious.

It made me proud to be a part of an organization that is putting on an event that stands for just that, the Love Your Body 5K, to be held on Saturday, October 22 at 10am at the West Hartford Reservoir. If you haven't signed up yet you should. You can download the registration form here or register in person on race day. Don't miss out on this amazing opportunity!

No comments:

Post a Comment